Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What to Do When Your Child Sins or Tough Love

I didn't get around to writing last week because my son was in a NCFCA tournament. I don't remember what the acronym stands for but I know the F stands for Forensic and I assume there is a Christian in there somewhere. 

Despite the name they don't spend their time in crime labs while the Who plays in the background. No, this is a speech and debate club. (I may address this in a later post). It was during this tournament that I came to a heartbreaking realization about my son. I had my suspicions, but this was the first time he did it so blatantly. I think it was the influence of other kids in his debate club that enboldened him. 

It's hard for me to even say what terrible sin my son is embroiled in. As a parent I have tried to raise him right -- to instill in him godly morals that will guide him through life. I guess I failed. (If this were paper you would see tear stains all over that last sentence). I can only hope you won't stop reading when you hear the disgusting evil thing he is. I can only hope you will pray for his deliverance. Okay, brace yourself -- oh, and mom, I'm sorry you are finding out this way -- I just couldn't bare the shame of telling you. 

My son is a whistler. Worse, he is a morning whistler. The Bible is very clear about the fate of whistlers:

"And lo, those most terrible of sinners, those wretches who deserve no pity, those whistlers shall be damned unto the deepest, darkest, most fiery pits of hell." (Trust me, it's in there, you don't need to look it up.)

And, of course there is the story of why Lucifer was cast out of heaven:

"And Lucifer, that cretin, did begin his vile whistling. And God, who hadest not his morning coffee saidest, 'Get Out!'"

Since U.S. law won't let me stone him or burn him at the stake (it's the fault those ungodly communists running the country), as a loving father I know there is only one thing I can do. I have to kick him out of the house. 

Until my son is ready to renounce his terrible sin, he is not allowed back into the house. It's painful, but everyone knows that the only way to get the really bad sins out is to banish the offender and never see them again. 


The advice:
If your child whistles kick them out of the house. We should also work on getting laws passed that ban them from public places -- the future of America is at stake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment